Liner Collar Repair
Liner Collar Repair Specification:
This specification applies to the following types of trench shields:
3M, 4L, 4M, 6M, 8M, T, E, N, K, and LD
- All welding shall be performed according to the Structural Welding Code for Steel - AWS D1.1-90
- A certified welder shall perform all welding.
- 70,000 psi welding rod or wire shall be used to complete the welds.
- 3/16" steel sheet with a 55,000 psi minimum yield strength cut away from the collar.
- The Replacement Collar shall be manufactured by GME.
- Identify collar that needs replacing.
- Cut old collar out, being careful not to cut into the vertical tubes. Clean the area to be welded thoroughly with a wire brush or grinding wheel.
- Insert assembly into collar opening in frame, making sure in leaving a gap between frame and outer pipe (collar) to insure full penetration weld.
- See detail in step four illustration for gap and welding details.