Manhole Collar Repair
General Manhole Collar Repair Specification:
This specification applies to the following types of trench shields:
- All welding shall be performed according to the Structural Welding Code for Steel - AWS D1.1-90
- A certified welder shall perform all welding.
- 70,000 psi welding rod or wire shall be used to complete the welds.
- 1/8" steel sheet with a 55,000 psi minimum yield strength shall be used to replace the skin plate cut away from the collars.
- The replacement Collar shall be manufactured by GME.
- Cut damaged collar from the man hole end return, being careful not to cut into the vertical tubes.
- Clean the area to be welded thoroughly with a wire brush or grinding wheel.
- Weld the replacement collar to the tubes in all accessible locations using a continuous 3/16"