Pit Kit Tube Repair
General Pit Kit Tube Assembly Specification:
This specification applies to the following types of trench shields:
3M, 4L, 4M, 6M, 8M, T, E, N, K, and LD
- All welding shall be performed according to the Structural Welding Code for Steel - AWS D1.1-90
- A certified welder shall perform all welding.
- 70,000 psi welding rod or wire shall be used to complete the welds.
- Remove existing pit kit hardware if required. Contact factory if shield is damaged during this procedure.
- Clean the area to be welded thoroughly with a wire brush or grinding wheel.
- Locate pit kit tube in required position. Refer to Sunbelt manual for any and all pit kit locations for model of shield in repair.
- Weld pit kit tube to the shield using a continuous 3/16" fillet weld.