Stack Lug Relocation 2
General Stack Lug Relocation Specification:
This specification applies to the following types of trench shields:
3M, 4L, 4M, 6M, 8M, T, E, N, K, and LD
- All welding shall be performed according to the Structural Welding Code for Steel - AWS D1.1-90
- A certified welder shall perform all welding.
- 70,000 psi welding rod or wire shall be used to complete the welds.
- The stack Lug shall be manufactured by GME.
- Carefully remove GME stack lug located on the outside vertical, flush to inside face of Trench shield. If the vertical member is damaged during the removal process, contact the factory.
- Clean the area to be welded thoroughly with a wire brush or grinding wheel.
- Weld the GME stack lug to the end of the shield centered on outside vertical end member, as shown, usuing a all around 3/16" fillet weld.
In accordance with OSHA regulations, a Registered Professional Engineer must observe and provide written conformation that the above specification has been followed as authorized by the factory or the Tabulated Data will no longer be valid.